The first time that I had this was at a restaurant in town with my parents and I liked it so much that I looked up the recipe. I like chicken and not veal because of the inhumane way veal calves are treated, the are not allowed to move around because that will develop muscles so I only make chicken Saltimbocca.
Ingredients:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast1 (Option - 4 pork tenderloin or 4 Veal cutlets)
- 1 LB prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 12 Slices Provolone cheese
- 4 TSB Flour
- 1/2 Cup minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 TBS Ground Sage
- 2 TSB Chopped parsley
- 1 Shallot, minced (Or a green onion)
- 1 Cup Dry white wine
- 4 oz. Chicken stock (Beef stock for the veal)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 Tbs. Lemon juice
Directions:
- Cut the chicken in to 1/2 inch thick cutlets and pound the chicken into thin scaloppini ( If using veal, pound the veal into thin scaloppini).
- Mix the salt and pepper and flour together. Then coat the meat in the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle each piece with sage and garlic,
- Then place a slice of prosciutto top of each scaloppini, press together firmly.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frypan. Sauté the meat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the parsley, shallot, wine, and stock (You can add the lemon juice here for more of a lemon sauce.) and simmer for 2 minutes and after the 2 minutes cover the meat with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Remove to a serving dish and pour the sauce over the top.
I usually make a little extra sauce because I like a lot of it to pour on the meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment